Beaux R'eves

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

New Entry Vignette

The last time we visited my Entry 
was when I refinished the blue and white chair.  
I had mixed the lighter Annie Sloan Chalk Painted mirror 
and the chair with the dark chest.  
I had reasons for doing this, 
reasons that didn't exactly pan out 
the way that I had hoped.  
I wanted to find a pretty chest at an Estate Sale 
that I could refinish, but so far no luck.  
As my friend says 
"Don't worry Cindy, it will come to you".  
I know that she is right 
but in the meantime changes are in order.  
I need the mirror for Christmas so let the changes begin!  
I took everything apart and moved the chest 
into the middle of the curved space.  
I would love to have a round table for this space!  
I'll keep looking...  
The trouble with the curve 
is that now the chest is too far away from the wall.  
And any pictures that I hang will be off center.  
So, I tweaked it just a tad to the right and angled it slightly.  
I found these two lovely prints at an Estate Sale 
one Saturday morning with my BFF.  
Shhhhhhh! 
Don't tell anyone but we were just messing around 
to kill time and get out of the house.  
So we grabbed a Starbucks and headed out to ANY 
Estate sale that we could find.  
This one happened to be pretty far out in the country 
but we didn't care.  
We just talk and talk and talk...  
Well, you know what Saturday is at Estate Sales right?  
HALF OFF DAY!!!  
So, my lovely prints were only $7.50 apiece.  
I added other artwork that I already had 
with the same black and gold theme 
and a few Initials that were lying around.  
I attached black grosgrain ribbon to the prints 
because they had two picture hooks on the back and 
I NEVER hang them up straight.  
I think it is a decorative solution don't you?  
The pretty map is handmade from our trip to Italy that I had framed here at home.  

I put some personal photos that I have out on the chest.  
This is my Nana and Pop-pop when they were first married.  It's a photocopy because I didn't want to ruin the original photo.  The black and gold frame holds a photo of us from Scotland.  Too bad I couldn't get Mr. Beaux in a Kilt.  
I think they are Sexy!  
My Estate Sale Bouillotte Lamp is my new favorite.  
It looks right at home here on this chest.  
I finally found a place for my tortoise shell 
on top of a few old books.  
I threw in this floral plate to brighten 
and soften up the vignette.  I
t keeps it from getting too dark and predictable. 
Of course you know that I always have to add 
something shiny to my displays.  
I filled this champagne bucket with white roses and greens from Costco.  I will have a tutorial for you tomorrow. 
  Don't Blink because the Entry Way 
won't stay this way for long.  
Christmas decorating will be starting soon!  
Thanks for stopping by!

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,
XO Cindy

sharing at:
  Poutpourri Friday at 2805
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
  Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
 Roeshel  at DIY Showoff

20 click here to Comment:

Mom E. said...

So beautiful, Cindy as always....I still wish you know how I could get a hold of some of your stairs carpet! I am still looking for the carpet I want...no luck, though...Have a great day!
Betsy

Unknown said...

Thanks Betsy! The carpet is from Stanton and it's called Cumberland in the SOMMERTON collection. The color is 18972 Maywood.

Unknown said...

I think it looks just gorgeous exactly as it is - what a beautiful statement piece!
Hugs,
Suzan

Mom E. said...

Cindy,
Thanks so much! I really appreciate it! I will let you know what I find!
Betsy

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Well, Cindy, you just never disappoint...lol! Love your new entry vignette!! Love the mix of components; and I can't wait to see what you do for Christmas! I know it will be fabulous!

DIYbyDesign said...

Your entry way looks gorgeous. I loved it before, but I must say that I think I love it just as much this way. It's such a totally different look. Your prints looks amazing and I love the dresser on an angle. Adds so much interest. I really enjoy your sense of style.

Mom E. said...

Cindy,
Does your carpet have a black or brown background? I found the brown background but yours looks black....Maybe the black is no longer available.
But brown might be fine too. I'll have to find a dealer somewhere, there isn't one in my area...but Iw ill hunt them down! LOL
Thanks!

Maureen Wyatt said...

Looks great and I particularly love your picture grouping! ~ Maureen

Anonymous said...

Oh, this looks beautiful! Your entry is so nice.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Cindy you did it again!! LOVE the change, love your picture display!

Princess Kate said...

It's so beautiful. Love your style. Thanks of sharing.

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

Must. Have. That. Chest. It looks so high-end, and I have no idea what you paid for it or where you snagged it. Thanks for sharing.

A follower from Oklahoma City,
Meredith at thepolkadotshoes.blogspot.com

foreverdecorating said...

Actually I like both vignettes. It's always nice to switch it up...I do this continually...Monthly...I know, we are crazy!

Sue said...

I love what you did in the entry CIndy. I have the same curve in my front staircase and it is a challenge. I have an echoing curve in my family room and that one is even worse:-) Your pictures all look great and I look forward to seeing your house all done up for Christmas.

dee dee said...

Cindy,
Just lovely! You have such a talented eye for details! Can't wait to see what you do for Christmas!
dee dee

Rooms by Ann said...

You did a beautful Job. I love the black chest.

Madonna said...

Very welcoming.

Mom E. said...

Cindy,
I see you mixed gold and silver....good....'cause I wanted to try that...and yours looks beautiful together! Most of my fixtures in my home are gold, I love gold...but I have silver pieces that I like to add on the table.
Thanks for the inspiration!
Betsy

Unknown said...

Very elegant and love the pops of black.

The Charm of Home said...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for joining me at HSH!
Sherry

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".